Friday 20 May 2005

Friday 'fings

Anyone have any idea where this week has gone? Seems like last time I looked it was Tuesday and now here we are; wife to weekly hairdresser thing, fish on the table and odds and ends from Outlook Tasks for me all mean the week-end is upon us. I’m quite happy now when time roars on at this sort of pace. Tempus fugit – yeah.

Something that may have moved things along is the extra availability that broadband gives. I found I had about 30 blogs bookmarked and just checking History confirms that I get to most of them on a day to day basis. I go looking into photo galleries more and pay attention to a number of forum/formi/forus – whatever. I was not too bothered with going broadband – didn’t think I needed it. Bit like sex – don’t know you want it till you try it. Still, on that basis I’ll be OK if someone takes it away.

Tony Baloney’s bad back? I reckon it is the good Lord paying him back for the revelations regarding the frequency of his Man Thing with Portmanteau Chops. At the time he made the claim I thought he was a bit sad and naff but it seems he has got his comeuppance. I had an old boss who used to say, ‘there’s always a day called catchem’ and he was a great practitioner of delayed retribution.

My fat dog is just amazing. Got downstairs for walkies about 6:30 this morning. On opening the door, we see it is raining hard. She planted her feet and refuses to move. After three or four attempts, I give up and we return; me to breakfast and her to bed. Norma went out about 9:30 and rain had stopped but Chubs still declined the offer. She finally went out and drained off at 10:00 having held onto things from 11 last night. I don’t know what she is on but I could do with some of it.

Bit of a result on PC Gonzales. His Ch Con has outlawed any such freelance low level flying and has asked ACPO (Ch Cons 'union') to do the same or come up with a policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment