Saturday 21 May 2005

Weather Girls - pah!


Raining on the Cheviots.
That lump on the horizon is the Cheviot Hills. Flighty Miss Weathergirl said it would be sunny there and I had planned to combine a trip down there with a visit to Barter Books in Alnwick. Given this view of things I decided my career as seller of unwanted books would have to be put on hold. Borne up in my disappointment by fact that about 3 pm'ish the sun comes through the bedroom window onto my bed. I usually go up through Hidden Valley but that requires a permit so I would have to have gone up from the river parking place. After all the rain we have been getting this would have been tough and I don't like the final mile or so. It is just like walking over a Ground Force marathon where they have put down hundreds of metres of decking.

No comments:

Post a Comment