Wednesday 27 July 2005

I've got a song to sing.

Well, glad that is over. I’ve just finished uploading all my CDs to the machine ready for the day when I can connect to the iPod. Yes – even though I know where the gift I bought for myself is hidden, I’ll not use it until the dread day. Seems I’ve got just over 3,500 songs that would last 9.2 days and they take up 18.95GB. Get that lot loaded and I’ll be set for life I reckon. Now means that when I’ve been two or three days on no nourishment or artificial rehydration, I can get Norma to select the genre Military Music and plug me in so I can fade out in a proper military manner. I’d better get a necklace plaque with that on otherwise she will put me on the rock programme and I will just jump about with staccato movements like a crab on speed.
To Alnwick today to offload a large number of books to the bookshop. Things I would have thrown out were taken in for £80 or so – you know it makes sense. Well, not a lot as I came away with some £45 of stuff to read. Included T E Lawrence’s 7 Pillars of Wisdom which will be interesting in the light of where we are with the Muslim ‘situation’ just now.
The Met are still pulling plums on thumbs out of pies on a daily basis. Well done to them and I can imagine that this is one recent investigation that is not being tied down with political correctness and racial awareness.
Damned dog gets smarter every day. I gave her a leg stretch in Alnwick. Left the car at the bulk fish place and walked down to some waste ground. Sent her in to check it out while I followed. The weeds and grass were shoulder high for me and we lost track of each other. I got back out of the wild patch and waited. No sign of her so I called. No sign. After ten minutes or so, I decided to go back and bring the car to where I lost sight of her. As I turned the corner, there was a pointy-nosed dog sitting alongside the car. Much mutual appreciation ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment