Sunday 29 January 2006

Roots! Respect!

Those in the loop will know that I was born in a town called Romford. At that time, it was within the county of Essex but has since been swallowed up by Greater London and is now in a borough called Havering. From country bumpkin to semi-Cockney cheeky-chappy in one lifetime.
I came across a group that deals with Romford history. I laughed at that; history in this case seems to be as recent as 1960. There was some interesting material on the forum so I signed up and contributed a small "this is me" posting. That was about 10 pm last night.
On checking my emails this morning, I found a reply from someone who had lived not more than 8 houses away from the Wood baronial mansions only slightly after we got there and is seeking information for a book and historical research. Small world indeed. It will be interesting to see if this guy's questions and responses spark anything off in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment