Wednesday 28 June 2006

Testimonial

I bought some perfume for Mrs 22674586 over the Internet from a firm in Hong Kong. It all turned up OK other than the fact that HM Customs had got their grubby paws on it and charged me GB£10 on it.

My experiences whilst living in Hong Kong led me to have low opinions of how things went on. The buy was still a lot cheaper than I could have found in UK and I was prepared to write the tax off to a lack of experience from my prejudices.

I then noticed that there was a section on the firm's web page where they said that whilst guaranteeing nothing, they were prepared to think about paying any customs dues on their shipment. I sent them an email with my tale of woe. They came back with instructions as to how to get a refund from them.

Well done say I. I still hold my prejudice but am prepared to think that the Chinese way of doing things is better than things were when the gwai lo were in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment