Sunday 16 July 2006

Live well - go to hell

This is from the blogger who creates news from facts and events. Very amusing but this is one that stands out for me. Thankfully, I have a excellent GP and this is a scenario I could image myself into.
After a recent visit to a doctor, one 60-year-old patient in California, who has spent the last several years following the recommendations of the health industry, was taken aback by his doctors comments and is now considering reverting back to all his old bad habits."I recently picked a new primary care physician and after two visits and dozens of lab test he said I was doing fairly well for my age," he said. "I was curious whether or not he thought I'd live till eighty so I asked him." He said the doctor then asked him a slew of questions including whether he smoked or drank, whether or not he ate red meat, whether he spent too much time in the sun playing golf, sailing, hiking or bicycling, whether he gambled too much, drove too fast or had sex too often to which the answer to each was no.The doctor finished his notes then looked at his patient and shook his head before asking him one final question."Then why do you give a shit if you live to be 80?"

No comments:

Post a Comment