Tuesday 3 October 2006

Teach me to shoot

I think I understand the American attachment to the idea that possession of guns is a right. I comprehend that whatever is the opinion of the mass does not get represented by politicians every time. What I cannot understand is why nothing seems to be done to deal with children in school being executed like rabbits by what are so obviously mentally challenged individuals. One would think that having Presidents assassinated by gunshot would have caused people to reconsider what they considerd to be their God-given right to bear arms.

Just what will it take to cause even a small and insignificant examination of status quo? How many have to die? For a nation where political correctness reigns and freedom is prized - who will speak up for these kids killed before they have even a chance to experience just how great life could be?

I spent a large part of my life permanently carrying a weapon. I know that it is the person who kills and not the firearm. That is a coward's explanation and reasoning. If the gun is not there it cannot be used regardless of the mental capacity of the one who would resort to that sort of violence.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete