Sunday 10 February 2008

Free range?

Off to one of our local(ish) farm shops today. About 90% of what they sell is from their own crops and animals and the rest is all local - by local I mean ten miles or so. The producers are all identified on the packing.
The eggs we buy here are really large - they even offer guaranteed double yolkers. Omlettes made with their eggs look like custard in colour.
I reckon I can reassure Jamie and Hugh FW that we get free range eggs with no cruelty. They also do the chickens. And no monster add on in terms of price. I don't think I've had supermarket eggs or chickens for a hell of a long time.
They do about eight varieties of potatoes - some general use but mostly recommended as special purpose - chippers, roasters, boilers etc.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment