Sunday 26 April 2009

My Away Day

Getting ready for a pilgrimage to London tomorrow. I was invited to meet the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland in advance of the publication by Lord Saville of his report on the Bloody Sunday inquiry. Having been there when it all went off, I thought I should get in on the final act less one; hopefully I'll live to see the final story. The MOD are picking up all my expenses including travel and overnight accommodation which is nice of them. I will feel like an illegal immigrant getting all that from the Government!

It will give me the opportunity to make my own trial of the latest electronic wizardry with my Touch toy. I have bought some Wi time and will see how I get on on the train, in the hotel and in the street.

Dinner is laid on with Caroline and a friend from Facebook.

Report on the whole thing comes later

No comments:

Post a Comment