Thursday 30 June 2005

Relationships

My designer (hope that does not sound too pretentious) comments today on a number of coincidences amongst people with whom she has been in cyber-contact. This reminds me of study that claims we all know one another through a ring of - I think - seven people. I know A, A knows B, B knows C and so on until we get to the seventh person. Obviously, any layman testing of this is bound to be inconclusive for we cannot identify every seventh person and then check backwards. I chose some people in the news and found that I could get to most of them in the seven steps. Some of this was a bit tenous where I had to resort to having met the Queen or Mother Therasa. I'd like to get some reference to the scientific explanation of this but Google and I are not conversing today. I did find this which is somewhat along the same lines although it seems to be based upon actual friendships rather than mere contact.
Some concern on the distaff front chez Wood at this mornings weather. We are due to go see Scots Game Fair at Scone Palace in Perth tomorrow but SWMBO thinks we will have to forego if weather is bad. No mention as to her plans for her Saturday away-day if dodgy weather flows over to then. No problems for pointynose and me - I have plenty of wet kit left from tramping hills and she does not care about weather. She is just reluctant to take the first few steps in rain but once out she carries on as usual.
Seems that the saga of people in Wales originating from Russia is solved. The people who run my counter made a mistook when they assigned one of the identities to Russia and it has run on from there. Good to know - I didn't want a load of spooks descending on me and blaming my computer for the cock-up in Iraq.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete