Wednesday 29 June 2005

Wet wednesday


Can't remember where I got this so cannot give a credit.
The spell of sunshine broke today. We had a good start and then it went all wrong. Still, doubtless the farmers will be happy.
I wrote last week about getting a contact report from someone in Russia. I was sufficiently interested to follow it up when it came up again today. The quoted weblog owner writes from Wales and denied knowledge of Russia. I've set The Bond Girls onto it just to see where we get.
Passport is back OK so that is another tick in the Get To Germany planning.
Pointynose is well aware that moles sometimes come to the surface and bimble about. We were doing the walk at the picnic area when she suddenly came alive and started tracking a smell of some sort. She went round into a spiral. At the middle was small gentleman in velvet waistcoat. Sad to say, he didn't get underground quick enough.
Trying to get my lady navigator lost has led me onto some really small and isolated roads - little more than tracks. I got onto a road that I do not recall ever using before and noticed that the roadkill was hedgehogs. Whilst there is a Harrod's Foodhall of game on most roads, I have not seen Mrs Tiggywinkle figure in the stock. Don't know why it was but there were about six in some 300 yards.
Paddy goes for job interview. Recruiter does not want to offer hima job. Sets him a test with paper and pencil to graphically represent 99. Fergal licks pencil. Draws three little trees and colours them in black. Recruiter says what's that then. Paddy says that is the 99 you wanted. Explain says HR bloke. Well says Paddy, that is a dirty tree. Dirty tree and dirty tree and dirty tree makes 99. OK says recruiter, see if you can do it for 100. Paddy makes a small mark at the base of each of the three trees and puts the pencil down. Asked to explain he says that mark is left by a dog. Dirty tree and a turd and dirty tree and a turd and dirty tree and a turd is 100.
I'll get my coat!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete