Thursday 19 January 2006

Suits you sir!

The Yorkshire Post reports that the Baby Belly - as conceived by friends Charlie Ratcliffe and Katrina Lumb - allows women to remember the exciting transformation of the body (YP's words, not mine) and to capture it in the form of a plaster, bronze or aluminium cast. Medical plaster bandages are placed on the tummy and removed after 20 minutes. The plaster is used as a mould, or is sanded and painted to produce a lifelong keepsake. Having the baby is evidently not a sufficient reminder of your nine-month gestation period, nor does he/she count as a "special and unique souvenir". Prices start at £300. But for the shy mum - or the damn busy mum - you can get a DIY kit for £50.

I just add this to my 'what are we coming to' binder. I have to say though, that had my beloved tried to din me for £300 +, I would have captured her baby belly for posterity in the manner illustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment