Saturday 8 April 2006

Food for thought

I used to be a driver who could cover long distances in a short period of time. From Kent to Glasgow and back in a (long) day was OK by me and then there was the 900 miles in a day drive in America to get us from Texas to Arizona with the least 'lost and wasted' time.
That has all changed. My days of being sure of covering a long distance have gone. I sometimes need to ger Norma to take over just from home toBerwick - what is that, 18 miles or so. This may be due to disturbed sleep or to the reduction of oxygen because of my breathing problems.
Anyway - I am well aware of the signs when something has to be done. Not a lot of choice in where to stop for a coffee i.e. none. Having a sleep at the side of the road is also out of the question. Generally, all I need is to get out and walk about until the oygen levels adjust. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment