Sunday 21 May 2006

Like a clock running down for want of winding

It seems my country is slowly running down. Idiocy and inefficiency lead to situations where even our wooden headed bosses perceive a problem. Then, instead of identifying the root cause why something has stopped working after years of existence, they come up with some - their word - "innovative" way of rejigging things. With the use of much new-speak language - all is wonderful darling. Sort of 'this guy is infectious. Take him away and look after him till he dies. Ah - infection rates have been lowered'. Saves all the bother of what infection and how gained and how cured.

Image hosting by Photobucket

TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

This could be the shape of things to come in the NHS. One is tempted to say What Nation, What Health and What Service?. I especially like the concept that things can be done at home so why have hospitals for anything other than critical cases? For years I have been making the point that in 3rd World countries mothers give birth in ditches and go straight on with their back-breaking work - so why do we need maternity units? I trust I am away up the Golden Stairs (or down the shitty slide maybe?) before I am left in my unserviced home waiting for a nurse who does not come.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete