Wednesday 5 July 2006

Is it 'cos I is old?

About four of so months ago, I tidied up my desk space. Amongst items put away was a Leatherman combination tool. Something like a penknife but with more 'blades'.
Came to pass about 3 weeks ago, I needed something that was part of the range of things on the Leatherman. Looked everywhere and could not find it. Racked brain but no memory as to where it had been tidied away to. After accusing all and sundry of hiding it to get me into an Alzheimer’s flap I accepted it as lost and set myself to buy a new model when my birthday came around.
This morning at about 3 a.m. I woke up. Got out of bed and went into the attic storeroom. Opened the cupboard where my - now sadly redundant - brief cases are kept. Picked up one, opened one of the pockets. Bingo - my Leatherman. Absolutely no idea how I did that. I'd reconciled myself to it's loss.
Sitting in bed wondering what was happening to my brain. Had mislaid a spare set of reading glasses since going on holiday. Suddenly I realised they were in the bag where I keep my sketching bits and pieces. Found them where I visualised.
So, the bit about the Leatherman was spooky. To then go on and have almost a repeat performance with the glasses was even more so.
I'm off tonight to see if I can get this thing to work in advance. Winner of the 3:30 race on Saturday anyone?
I've tried doing a Google to see what it might be about but I'm lost for the search phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment