Tuesday 28 November 2006

Balance

Just to balance my mentioning American police tactics, I include the IPCC report on the events around Westminster a couple of years ago.

I cannot find a video but I do have vivid memories of just how much the Met police lost it that day. Officers were lashing out wildly at anyone within range. They were leaning out full stretch over the barricades to strike people who were no threat but were pressed forward by the crowd behind them. The blows were unaimed - unaimed that is for what used to be the accepted striking points of shoulder and upper arm. This with the long baton and not the old short staff.

The fact that they have been cleared by their erst-while comrades on the Complaints Commission means nothing to me. I know what I saw. I know it was wrong. All police officers involved should thank their lucky stars.

Image hosting by Photobucket


TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

Take that!span>

No comments:

Post a Comment