Wednesday 11 April 2007

Rules, Rules, Rules

The idea of a Code for Bloggers surfaced some 6 to 8 months ago - as my aged brain remembers that is. It was then some gubment busybody seeking to spin their Master and went away without too much debate. However, the idea has surfaced again. This time it has O'Reilly backing and his guru status will add to the demand.

I think it would be wrong. The whole attraction of blogging as I see it is that I can do something which gets me nearer to a feeling that I have had my say. Nearer than any other democratic process. This is, doubtless, a false satisfaction and I have not even convinced my two readers. There will, obviously, be those who abuse this. Somewhere I read of legal action following upon a blog and I could live with that. I am not asking for any especial waiver when I post beyond whatever it is that controls my everyday language and other communications. Are we to ban all demonstrations just because some people somewhere burn the Nation's flag?

No comments:

Post a Comment