Tuesday 31 May 2005

Maybe a new interest?

I was up at the Garden Centre again the other day and wandered into the pet shop part. They have a fine display of aquaria - warm water, cold water and sea water fish of all sorts. I was fascinated by some of the fish; I found it quite restful and calming just watching them swim about aimlessly and non-productively. Bit like being back in work really. The cold water ones did not inspire me too much but the shapes and colours of the warm water fish were nice. Seems that sea water fish are bigger than either of the others. I think I might go a bit further with the idea of having a small aquarium somewhere in the house. It will need to be somewhere that Pokey Nose cannot sit and stare them into submission.
Had the reverse sensors fitted to the Picasso today. Quite effective. Problem has been estimating how much space was available at the rear that would allow us to open the fifth door and let Sable out but we seem to have cracked that problem.
Nice write up in the Publican reporting Caroline's victory in the Marketing section of Publican of The Year. Even better achievement when you consider she has only been in the trade for a short while. Obviously all that gin I used to drink got into her genes somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment