Thursday 4 August 2005

Safety first

Some of the interviews we get with police representatives sound surreal. We had the boss of the Serious & Organised Crime Unit on yesterday who told us in his deep brown voice that crime rates now were far far higher than 50 years ago He attributed this to lower levels of honesty and a change in attitudes. Hello? Speak to the hand! I do not seem to remember many mobile telephones back then. I was not a happy child but I was not materially deprived so where was my MP3 player then? Our TV was of a size that needed a fork-lift truck to move the case enclosing a 9" screen. I do not have the benefits of his education but I do know of an economic theory called availability increasing demand. Oh well, perhaps it doesn't matter as he is in charge of Serious and Organised Crime and none will ever know just how much of that goes on.
Another idea from 'way back then' was the method of storing fine wines. There were few available, they were expensive and consumption was restricted to a few what we called toffs. However, I was never instructed to handle wine in the manner shown on Big Brother. Mind you, I'm only going on the reports - I'd rather penetrate my eyes with scorpion stings than watch such tripe. I lived in a Big Brother-world called Medway Towns so have no need to tune in.
After drama of no computer, I wasted no time on sorting my iPod and matching it with the iTunes library. Amazing - it all installed first time and everything is working beautifully. I need to adjust the way it runs - 42 Willie Nelson tracks all after one another get me into such a laidback state I'll get bed sores on my bum. Only hiatus was when it asked for serial number of the player. Using my strongest glasses I managed to see where such a thing might be. Adding two magnifing glasses to the specs meant that I could read what I needed. Obviously engraved for teen-age eyes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete