Sunday 21 August 2005

Spam attack!

Seems like I have been found out by the spammers who got into yesterday’s effort and left their graffiti all over the place. I had heard faint rumours of this sort of thing but never experienced it. I have Panda virus etc. software which, allied to BT spam catcher, does a fairly good job at detecting and diverting rubbish. Judging by this repoprt though, it seems that the idea has been around a good long while.
Given that it’s arrival here is very close to my installing and using the Word plug-in to blog, my tiny brain has suggested there might be some connection. I am also getting the impression that Microsoft is coded for spammers and hackers more than for little old ladies sitting with cats on lap googling for ‘young man teaches tango your own home’. I must, in the interests of balance, confirm that just about the only exercise my brain gets is jumping to conclusions.
I’m still reviewing the mental images from yesterday. The weather was just perfect and there was not too much traffic. The A66 is about 50 miles long and I would say it is the best long stretch of road I know for consistent beauty and attention demanding.
Hopefully, the Sunday papers will sound the final wail regarding dead South Americans. What happened was sad and action must be taken but the media has exploited things quite dreadfully.
Sun is up. We are off for swim and a paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment