Tuesday 23 August 2005

Treachery!!!

This is from the pointy-nose dog a.k.a. Sable. I'm here to denounce just about the biggest waster North of Watford Gap. He who claims to own me. We came back in triumph from the midday walk still relishing the death of a rabbit. He had played with me and my trophy and seemed fully on my side. I had most of his lunch and retired to bed.
Suddenly, the whole house is shaking to the sound and shock of our door bell. I dashed down and did the big fierce dog routine. SWMBO came down and opened the door. Standing there with two people was a monster black Labrador dog. She obviously knows the people and ALL THREE of them come into the house. At least the dog was kept on his leash. I dashed up to warn him but, damn me, he starts making a fuss of the black menace. I am encouraged to be nice. Seeing the way things were going down, I chose to play along but held back. I showed a fine set of teeth when the intruder thought he would come near.
I then had to sit behind the sofa with just my head showing round the corner as he made the dog feel at home. He was given my toys to examine and lost no time chewing the leg off my favourite toy. He found a couple of biscuits I had hidden under an armchair and wolfed those down. Drank water from MY bowl. The whole afternoon was humiliation.
When he had gone, I carried out a full scenes of crime examination. I've shown them just how a thoroughbred can sulk. They will suffer for this.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete