Friday 14 April 2006

Economics on it's head

Way back when I was a medium-size cheese in a big company, I controlled a budget of something in the low millions of pounds. For someone whose wife only allowed him pocket-money, this was great as a anal constriction exercise. I had ample funds for training of my staff and I directed some of these to get myself some economics training. Not wholly beneficial in budget writing and controlling but this would add to my native cunning in what I thought was an interesting manner.
Well, no actually. What I found was that I already knew what was being put up for my study. The lecturers would make reference to someone or others Principle and then go into what was, for me, meat and potatoes.
Thus, I have been pleased to discover this guy and his attitude to economic theory. Whilst his pronouncements are challenging, they make sense to me. And they are amusing.
If you find this approach interesting, there is much more available.

No comments:

Post a Comment