Tuesday 31 October 2006

Now - here's a funny thing (big hairy rapists)

Sorry if the title upsets feminists, maleimists, LGBT people or whoever. I'm still trying to attract spiders.

The rapists bit comes from the report that the Pitcairn Island rapists are to have their own newly-built island prison and prison staff. All at a nice few pounds. My understanding is that the act of rape is not viewed as a serious crime on the Captain Bligh of the Bounty-connected island. Sort of porch sitting I suppose with the attendant social classification of Daddy Uncle. So, what is being done to improve the sexual mores of the half male population that will not be incarcerated? Reckon the vagina robbers have the upper hand anyway as no approach exists to the island other than in long boats crewed by island-born men.

Reference the spiders. My traffic meter tracked someone who visited whilst looking for some form of high (and scary looking) maths. Obviously, I've been using words without knowing their meaning. Duh.

This goes off into the blue on a wing and a prayer.Blogger has been rubbish this last week. Thinks just disappear. Others stick in the 'Publishing' page. Hitting 'publish' to get out results in multiple publishing of the same item some five or six hours later. If I knew what and how to do it, I'd migrate elsewhere.

Talk of knowing what to do reminds me of this week's University Challenge. I was having trouble with something on the new video camera so contacted #1 Son for clarification. The email was about 2 pages long. The reply was about one word long - RTFM. Yes, well. If you are going to cheat by reading the manual................

No comments:

Post a Comment