Thursday 15 March 2007

Don't ask. Don't tell

One does not have to have been a serviceman to understand why the question of gay personnel can attract the attention that it does. Whilst I stop slightly short of the position "Some of my best friends are ..." I never had any concerns about the sexuality of the naked man standing next to me in the communal shower or sitting talking to me in the latrine. Those who are uncomfortable with any aspect of LGBT will be uncomfortable whereever it raises it's head.

However, the question is apparently causing debate verging on heated amongst the American forces. I cannot help but wonder if the arm of service of the general who moralised is relevant; I do not recall seeing any gays in Full Metal Jacket and they seemed to have covered just about everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment