Monday 23 May 2005

Funny fungi


Don't care how much bacon you put with this!
Pointy Nose dog found this on our morning walk. Normally, I am fond of fungi but this looks just too weird to attract me. This is a shot from my mobile phone camera - didn't know it would look as near good as this. Just think what this would have needed back in the days of wet film. Dark. Stumbling. Dropping watch in darkness. Pouring developer over feet and not into sink. Film unspooling onto floor. The list goes on. Happy digital days.
Equally offensive to me is this. I just cannot understand how the mother has the sheer gall to blame sex education in the school. It looks as if the kids have been taking home study a bit too seriously. Someone came up a while back with the suggestion that there were so many single mums because they were starved of love and attention and wanted something of their own that they could love. Live-in fathers were seen as a distraction. Issuing broody 14 year olds with a reality doll that demanded attention like a real child convinced them that it was not all wine and roses. The mum has a vote. In a few years, the mums will have one as well. What hope is there for any politician of whatever hue or policy being able to explain it so that these kids and mum will understand.
When I was a worker, I used to think I should ask the tax people if I could meet the three families that my tax supported. Just as well - I don't know what I would have done had I been introduced to such as these. It is reported that there is no support from the sperm-donors of these kids. How much does the Child Support Agency cost us?

No comments:

Post a Comment