Sunday 22 May 2005


Starting off with a plea for help. I recently changed the template from the stock choices to get a wider-looking blog. Usually, I view the new entries whilst still in the gearbox/toolbox/compose/etc mode but yesterday I went to the 22674586 url. What I got was a weak and mangy looking column about 2” wide as a side bar on the page I had last viewed. So, what I would like to know is – does my other viewer see it like that (a thin long column) or “properly” and, do they know where my settings have gone adrift please?

Gemmak seems to have the same view of the weather as I had in my last blog. That’s dealt with the local news then. Down in the South, things are so bad as to be causing concern for exhibitors at The Chelsea Show that blooming will be delayed and HM will not see things at their best. Well, after the year she has had since the last show that must be a major concern to her. Only wants someone to show her their new rose Queen Camilla and the tent roof will come off.

The back-wash from that election seems to be rolling along. Things are being reported in the media that only a few years ago would have led to pistols at dawn or Law Courts at ten but those named and shamed just let things lie. To me, it is unclear whether this shows that the general public has now come to conclude – and accept – that such things are what politicians and tycoons do or is an indication that no one cares what they do. Any accusation made face to face is over-run with blather and insult – Galloway is a good example of what I mean. I saw that ginger-haired woman new minister being asked by Paxman the date that her department took some decision or other. Instead of a simple date format, her reply was a long spouting of pre-learned waffle justifying the decision. Paxo asked her exactly the same question some five or six times and still didn’t get an answer. The TV should just retain Bremner and the Two Johns to answer all political questions. We’d not learn anything but at least it would be amusing.

Some of the blogs of the next few weeks - hopefully not months - may reveal a spiteful nature. I've decided I could do with losing some weight before I cross over to Germany. No specific target and it is inches I'm looking for rather than pounds. Once I get past the first few days it is not too bad as my method is to avoid eating and just do the fluids. Those who will undoubtedly weigh in with 'advice' (listening Mrs 22674586?) will attract the sharpest lightening. I've been doing this reduction thing over the years and know what works for me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete