Friday 27 May 2005


Get a shower Fatso

Great moves are afoot! When we moved here the bathroom had a fantastic Victorian bath already in situ. Rather than replace it, we had it reconditioned. Nice job, good solution. However, it has started to wear a bit thin in places; obviously it cannot withstand my scaly bum. Having spent time in the Army, my preference is for a shower. Norma also prefers showering. I’ve enjoyed a number of Sunday afternoons reading in a warm bath with top-ups of hot water just a toe-twist away and find this very relaxing. My shoulders are getting a bit arthritic and there is always the risk that we will have to call the Fire Brigade to hoist me out. Decision is obvious – out the bath and replace it with super-dooper shower cabinet. The over-bath shower is good so we just have to deal with the enclosure. Given the size of the full moon when I bend over to wash my toes, we need a large one.

At this stage, the buggeration factor that is in all projects swings into play. Trays come in standard sizes. The shower we had in our last place was based on a sort of wet-room tray made to my specifications. Biggest I have found so far is about 1200 by 900 which is good but I want bigger. There are shower enclosures for two people at once in the US of A but it seems we Brits still think of showers in terms of cleanliness and not fun and games. We visited all of the usual suspects last evening and today and did not get much further forward. There are showers that do steam, jets all over the place and aromatherapy. These have large cabinets but are expensive and over the top for what we want. So – the search will continue. Praise the Lord for Google.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete