Sunday 14 August 2005

Random ramblings in web-land

My dog is trained not to approach people unless and until OK’d by me. I thought this was necessary in this day and age as not all people are accustomed to dogs. Very different to the world where I grew up and dogs were still seen as man’s best companion. (I’ll admit it here – cats are woman’s best companion) I was told – by whom I cannot now remember – how to know if a dog was dangerous or unhappy in any way at me. Then I was left to get on with meeting and greeting dogs. I learned something from everyone that bit me. Same thing went for dog mess. If I trod in it, I was slapped on the back of the knee and told to look more carefully where I was walking. Reading this, I think my current approach to dogs and the wider community is the best for the times in which we now live.

I had a look at my hit counter today. The bit that identifies search hits was quite fascinating (to me – yawn. What a sad life). Some of them I’ve listed here. Bit scary in a way that what I peck away at in my cold and damp little garret gets stuck out there like a fly in amber in the big wide world and can be called up by such weird selection of search terms as these. Don’t know how many of you have hit counters but they are quite interesting. Mind you, I got very excited at a report that someone in Uzbekistan (phonetic spelling I’m afraid) had looked in on me. Little map with Uz. Displayed by red dot and everything. I had it checked out and it turned out that my fiery Soviet horseman playing with a headless goat was a retired teacher in Welse Wales. Counter had fouled up; one of those Little Britain moments where computer says no. The bit about hizb-ut-tahir was quite scary as I imagined crowds of black-clothed men abseiling through my windows with blast grenades and Glock pistols ready to put seven rounds into my poor grey head should I twitch as much as a toe-nail.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hizb-ut-tahir middlesex university&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org
http://www.google.com/custom?q=jennytc&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&cof=BGC:%23ffffff%3BT:%23000000%3BLC:%230000CC%3BVLC:%23cc0000%3BALC:%230000CC%3BGALT:%23008
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2003-41%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=%22A%20%20suspect%20Peruvian%22&btnG=Search&meta=
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=ZpK&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=strappy%20heel%20chavs&btnG=Search&meta=
http://www.google.com/search?q=missionary%20Africa%20Rupel&num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&filter=0

I would not bother tracking them down – it’s the weird word association that gets me amused. Easily pleased aren’t I?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete