Sunday 11 September 2005

Fleeing the Cuckoo's Nest

Advisers appointed by British Prime Minister Tony Blair are proposing that Britain get rid of Holocaust Memorial Day because Muslims find it offensive, the British Sunday Times reported.
That seems to be the latest from the funny farm that is the caring, empathy-showing government of nuts currently trying to run this country (into the ground). At a time when it seems important to show that Muslims cannot have everything they want in pursuit of an Islamic world, we are examining how to roll over once more.
Yes – they might find it offensive. What degree of this offence comes from their extremists who rant that Israel should be driven into the sea? I might say that the sight of dogs copulating in the street is offensive to me. After explanation, I might find it less upsetting. On a side note, why do we see less of doggy sex in the street than I remember as a kid?
What needs to be explained is that it is the enormity of what the holocaust was in itself that is being remembered. The way in which human beings could be corrupted into the planning and arrangements required. The total lack of humanity in the way the massacre was carried out. The obscene disposal of victims. That this was not isolated to a few might be seen in the denial of those who lived under the black clouds of humans being incinerated. The continued arrogance of those same people when marched around extermination camps when these were exposed to us.
Whatever onlookers may say of the way Israel has reacted to the intifada, there has been no suggestion that deaths of Palestinians and others has been planned. If Muslims want some day to remember their dead, let them exercise a democratic right to achieve this. Holocaust Day was not handed to the Jews on a plate. If we talk about offence to some particular community, what offence will we cause to the Jews by getting rid of it?
Oh yes – admission time. Islamic demands do leave me cold. I am antipathetic to almost all Jewish propaganda and can recognise the difference between Zionists and Jews.
I know this opening resembles a rant. Given last night’s dreams, I should be watchful lest I am sent off to the care of Nurse Mildred Ratched. At some stage I was in what looked like a hospital room. Every so often, groups of up to six people in white coats would come into the room. No physical examination was made but they made notes on clipboards. No one spoke. I tried to leave my room but the door was locked. There were drawn curtains but when I pulled them back, there was no window or other opening.
Finally, a big Hattie Jacques-type nurse came in. She did not approach the bed but stood just inside the door and said, “Time for electrical treatment”. I very clearly remember my reply as “Good – when I have had the ECG, maybe we will know what is wrong with my heart”. Her reply was “No. It is ECT you are getting”.
In my waking hours I am able to understand and correct for dreams, nightmares and even night horrors. This does not stop them bothering me. Whilst no way a follower of Doctor Ron Hubbard, I know the benefits that Scientology claims for micro waving the brain.
I’m off to find a compassionate American Indian who can put me out of my misery at the appropriate time.

No comments:

Post a Comment