Sunday 9 October 2005

Bloody cheek!

Have just about calmed down enough to write this.
Norma was on the third day of her Quilt Show today so we were left on our own. Rather than mope about all day indoors we went out for the day. We found ourselves in North Berwick at just about 'late lunch' time. Too late to go for a sit down meal where all that would be available would be something that had been festering in the bain marie since dawn so we decided upon the chippy.
I got a large portion and went back to the car. I sat in the load space and Sable sat alongside me. I used one hand as a plate. She would pick out something to eat and then I would choose something. All very organised and civil.
A marshmellow-shape woman walked past and stopped to watch us sharing our meal. She then said, "Giving a dog human food! Don't you know that there are thousands of people starving?"
At least one thousand retorts ran through my mind in less than a second. All but one contained the f-word and the c-word in quantities. I satisfied myself by replying that I most assuredly would not feed my dog on dog food.
This story will really only be appreciated by those who know me and my qualities of charm and tact but all readers should be assured that I shall remember the woman's face and just hope I meet her again in the area of some road-kill that I might offer her for her starving friends.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete