Sunday 1 April 2007

Ho Ho - a meme

I generally avoid responding to Meme requests on the grounds that my private life and personal invitation are just that – personal and not to be surrendered to the first information seeker who comes along. However, I’ve been tagged by a woman whose writing amuses and interests me and which does not involve my other life outside blogging.
The brief was “Offer up 5 blogs that make me think”. I’ve already said that about the Jacqui Brown blog but I’ll not count that as one of the five.
As someone with a Army service background, I wander about on the battle field of military bloggers and could fill the meme many times over from that category alone. So, just one khaki blog. Has to be Michael Yon. Another hang-over from my career is an interest in the police. They are having a hard time in England right now. I’d nominate Inspector Gadget for approval. My own sense of humour is a bit off the beaten track and I spend time with The Grouchy Old Cripple. But, be aware he tells a lot of blonde jokes and likes the bits that stick out in front of young ladies. Back in the days before the hip went on strike, I used to get a lot of enjoyment wandering about the wide open spaces of our largest county Yorkshire. The scenery is fabulous and the people almost unique. Hard to describe in what way unique – suggest you have a look at Arthur Clewley

So, four done. One to go. This is where it gets hard. My news collector has some sixty odd blogs so it is hard to distil that down to just five. I have followed the work of Gemmak. Lady who has had a few clouds get between her and the sun but generally manages to pull herself up and get back on the horse. That’s it.

See what you can make of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment