Thursday 5 April 2007

Progress

Seems like every day, as new discoveries are made and fresh conclusions get drawn, I am getting more and more normal. Soon, I shall have nothing at all to worry about.

One less thing arose today. Old Pointy Nose my dog has been a very good car traveller ever since we got her some seven years ago. She had always been happy on the move and was content to remain in the car - suitably cooled - when we went where dogs could not. Then, about ten days ago I came back to the car after a short absence and found she had destroyed most of the cargo compartment that is hers. Her behaviour showed that she knew she had done wrong so we had a small discussion about the matter. I left her alone again and all seemed well.

Then, three days ago, she put on a repeat performance. As she was due to see the vet for her booster injections I left it until last night to query with the expert. I thought it might be a phantom pregnancy as she had one of these just after she was spayed and did strange things then. Vet checked it out but she was not dreaming of pups. He could offer no explanation. I've cured the problem of destruction by getting her a car cage. She likes her house crate so I did not see it as a problem. We tested it out this morning and she quite likes it. I think it makes her feel more secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment