Thursday 5 April 2007

It takes all sorts to make this world

There is not much that gets my motor spinning. So long as it does not involve me directly, the rest of the world can do as it wishes and I will leave it to those who care to act to change things.

However, even against that background, I feel both saddend and repulsed at the idea that prisoners may gain release by fighting other inmates. Don't know why it does this to me. Must be getting soft as I grow older. My softening is not too far advanced; I cannot see why we strive to change governmental attitudes in foreign countries when the rot lies at such a basic level. If they cannot see that this is wrong, they should retain the burden of World Bank loans etc. And, yes, I know it is a round eye trying to impose his standards on a foreign country. I'll live with that charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment