Monday 13 June 2005

Cast ye bread upon the waters.


Birthday toys.
Arrived today courtesy of daughter Caroline. Mrs. Organising Queen found them on e-bay and outbid the opposition. So, birthday present and, also, I am now able to join the rest of the world who have used e-bay. I started a collection of these Bad Taste Bears a long time ago and still have some 20 or so. I gave up - mostly because I ran out of space in my study (this being the only suitable space to display them) and because they got a little too outre for a house visited by grandchildren. (What's that man doing to that sheep grandad? Oh - it's OK. He's a Welshman).
I saw something about this set way back when there was that fuss about schools failing to teach sex says mum. It struck me that these models might be a way to set up a lesson plan so that teachers could bring the matter up (ahem!) in a helpful but not overpowering way. Similar dolls are used in investigations involving sexual attacks or abuse on young children.
Anyways, thats my story of why I wanted them - believe it if you wish.
So from me - thanks Caroline. Back to the day job now!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16:59

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23:44

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete