Tuesday 14 June 2005

I am in charge


Right, you lot. Listen in. Gather round in a circle. Push in those at the back. Now be quiet.
Ah, that’s got you has it not. Today, I’m in charge of doing this blog thing. Old Chubby is asleep in the armchair and if I don’t get something done it will just not appear. I think he is overpowered in his old age on two counts. We had spaghetti with meat sauce last night and we all over-indulged. I managed a second helping for supper but have had the chance to run it off a bit. Another thing that may have tired the particle of brain embedded in his skull is problem with something called a passport. He went off all cocky to get it checked and sent away from the post office but came back with his tail between his legs. Seems teacher rejected his homework – something about crosses in boxes going outside the box. I kept out of his way as he looked really black about the gills.
Bit of a doubt about this morning’s breakfast walk. Yesterday, it was raining and I decided that I could not be bothered. I’m not sure what he thought about this as he tried to bully me into getting all wet and nasty but I just turned and walked back indoors. This morning, I was fitted with collar and lead before the front door was opened so there was no chance of getting back to his bed before it got cold. We must have confused the pigeons as well because there were lots of them in the park this morning. No sooner had I chased one to the far end of the place than there was another to chase back towards him.
I’m just beginning to realise that there is not a lot to discuss about a dog’s day. Maybe if I were a gundog or a sniffer dog it would be OK but I’m just a family pet sort of dog which means that I just get to walk and sleep. Still, that means that there is very little stress for yours truly. It is a dog’s life.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17:01

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete