Monday 7 November 2005

November

I'm finding that I have some sort of objection to November. I noticed it last year but thought it was just me but already this year I am starting to lose interest in this month. It always used to be one of my favourites - the starkness of the empty trees, dramatic skies at dawn and sunset, the uncertaintity of what sort of weather each day would bring.
Nowadays, I find myself annoyed at the fallen leaves which clutter everything. The skies generally portend bad weather and almost every day seems bad. I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of snow-covered landscapes that reduced everything to black and white; I hope I am not going to be deprived of that.
I am unsure whether I can get into politician mode and blame it all on global warming or if it just a Grumpy Old Sod sort of thing. I try to run ahead by repeating the 'Oh to be in England, now that Aprils here' mantra but it does not do much for me. April is such a long while away. P

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete