Monday 29 May 2006

Inner glow

Feeling quite satisfied with myself today. Even 'smug' might not be denied.

A electronic friend had been having doubts about a relationship and their unsettled state was showing although the problem was not expressed in so many words. I risked poking my nose in and putting my foot in my mouth - it needed that sort of contortion to save giving offence in something so personal.

I based my advice on experience well-researched by me personally. As the lady said, 'Life is too short to spend time stuffing mushrooms'. Spending time on a relationship that has stopped dead in the water achieves nothing and engenders bitterness. I advised a clean break. Today, I learn that that is just what my friend has done. It takes a lot of courage to step out into the black void of uncertaintity. Even if my advice played just the teeniest part in this - I'm glad and proud to have helped someone.

If you get round to reading this after unpacking, electronic friend, all the very best for the future. All parties have got their just desserts.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete