Monday 29 May 2006

Itchy feet

Back in the days when I had a proper civilian job, I quite often had to recruit casual staff. Could be anything from clerical through switchboard to muscle men to shift things. The agency we used had a standing instruction that I preferred people from Australia working their way round the world on their talents (or muscles!). I don't recall a single duff placement. Even when I had a mixed origin workforce and needed to appoint someone as a senior to receive instructions and pass them on, I gave the job to an Oz.

I frequently heard what they had done on their way to me and what they were going to do next. As someone who had seen a fair share of the world myself, their optimism that all would be beut mate struck me as strong.

Image hosting by Photobucket

TODAY'S GUEST BLOG
That is why it is good to read blogs such as this

No comments:

Post a Comment