Thursday 1 June 2006

Freeze or fry

I have little trouble with the concept of global warming, ozone depletion and the ned of the world as we know it. My time remaining here is limited. I have sufficient trust on the native cunning of the human race that when push comes to shove they will come up with something that will keep away the water or whatever.

One thing that does worry me is the degree to which an unknown future impacts upon our now. We have quite a few wind farms here in Scotland. They are, mostly, sufficiently remote as to cause little damage to the scenery or are in areas where they are out of sight because of the landscape. We got past one farm adjacent to the A68 that is all hillocks and dips such that the turbines look like effects in a War of the Worlds film set. Some great cars are being outlawed.

Now, I see that it may all have been a mistake anyway. Or, at least a miscalculation. Damn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment