Sunday 23 April 2006

Blast from the past

Image hosting by Photobucket


TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

Just ben thinking about my old labrador Sheba. Realised that she was a blogger as she kept a journal when we were on holiday. Purpose of this was to enable the kids who had not come on the holiday catch up on her doings. What follows is one day in April 1991.

We are most surely going to have a very wet week ahead. The weather yesterday and today has been really perfect with bright sunshine and just a hint of a breeze. They have tried this trick before of getting us sunburnt on the first couple of days and then washing everything out in the rest of the week. The journey up was easy enough although there was a lot of other traffic. People going to the Harrogate flower show make the road works between Wetherby and Harrogate worse.

We had planned to have lunch and a swim at Linton but the place was too crowded - both for the pub and for the river. We went on to the church and I had my usual swim there. He had lunch at the pub in Litton and then we came on here. She arrived about ten minutes after we got the keys and opened up. Not a lot seems to have changed since we were last here and that is nice to see in these days when memories are vandalised behind one's back.

The hillside behind us has a flock of sheep and newborn lambs. -At least, what passes for a flock up here. It is nothing like a Kent flock but there again the hillside is not like a Kent hillside either! We have heard pheasants calling and they have seen them from the upstairs lounge window. Usual cussedness; the sills are too high for me to see over so 1 had to content myself with pushing them and whining as they watched. I have not had to resort to this level to attract attention for a long while.

They went off in the evening and I was left on guard with his sweaty cap. When they came back they were on about the bikers they met and the Harley Davidson food processors. One thing I have discovered is that I have to be very careful when they offer a blocking up here. The whole place is so wide open that one could end up doing God knows how many miles just to get round a block. I have found a way down into the river at the bottom of the garden and 1 showed her how clever I was at scrambling down into it when all she thought was that I was doing a garden cheek. They keep my towels on the radiators up here and it is nice to come in to a warm towelling, I've only been here five or so hours and already we have three towels drying so the legs should soon be back on form.


No comments:

Post a Comment