Sunday 23 April 2006

Please can I have...

I often sit and dream about the brain-power behind the Internet. The programmers who dream up the software and make it all work. The way in which they can set things up to take account of different operating systems. Thwarting the efforts of the black-hats who try - with, it must be admitted, equal craft, to try and do all sorts of naughties. Mind you, to me, even the simple act of running a spell checker seems magic.

What I would like to see is some sign that we are fighting back. Why is there nothing really positive to deal with those who seize upon my email address and those of others with such ease? How come they can make a profit selling them at not much per thousand to others who send out many thousands of spam emails and again make money?

What I would like to have is some sort of deal where I can reverse the tables. Cause the bad guys some trouble and aggro. Seize upon his filthy spam and track it back to the machine of the sender. Then, some thousands of volts would follow the trail and cook-out the errant p.c. If a white-hat cannot do it, introduce me to one of the other sort.

My guest blogger here is having trouble. Bet he would like something bigger and better as a counter-measure to the sort of trouble the brainless are causing him. Read on....

Image hosting by Photobucket

TODAY'S GUEST BLOG
One might expect that someone whose job surely involves dealing with stress, would be fairly relaxed about the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. This guy is possibly the exception that proves the point. I certainly understand his annoyance; I've had to moderate my own comments following targetting by the sort of morons he describes here

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete