Thursday 20 April 2006

Cancelled Visits

Today was to have been Adventure Day 06. I had been thinking about a trip to the Yorkshire Dales. No reason; just a return to a place where many happy memories lie. However, as the start of the day is damp and misty, the Adventure has been called off. Little point in saying, "Remember the day I almost ran up that bloody big hill?" when the view is as misty as the recollection. It will be done though. Just a case of getting inclination matched with pain-free hip and weather for long views. I had been looking forward to showing Sable some of Sheba's favourite and comparing her reaction. What would have been superb would have been a reenactment of the cavalry charge into the ducks just as the serious camera-man had them lined up to his satisfaction. Way back then I almost rolled into the river with laughter so Lord knows where I would end up if we could do it again.
My guest blog also concerns a visit that was cancelled. By DIY rather than weather though.

Image hosting by Photobucket


TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

Whilst I have to admit that my performing minor surgery on #1 son with a Swiss Army penknife may have influenced his reaction to pain and a preference for DIY medicine, I do not think that his medical treatment ever matched this account. However, if it did - I apologise.

He had gone and gotten Rob's set of tiny drill bits and drilled though his own fingernail. The blood had spurted out and was, by all accounts, very cool. And most importantly his finger didn't hurt anymore. He said he knew that if I brought him to the ER that they would insist on giving him some sort of shot for the pain and he didn't want that. Ah yes, a shot of lidocaine would be much, much more frightening than having a drill taken to your fingernail.

No comments:

Post a Comment