Monday 17 April 2006

Gay Times

Not a lot of time right now for a personal bit. I'm hot on tracking something on Newsgator. If you are someone who reads a lot on the Internet, this is a Godsend. My Bookmarks page had got to almost two pages and was very cumbersome. My reader has made a heck of a lot of difference.

Image hosting by Photobucket
TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

This is from a gay male contact site - don't ask how I got there! The - I suppose c.v. is a good as name as any - that this guy gives is not so very different to those from others on the site. It does not, however, reflect the sort of c.v. one sees (I see) at lesbian contact sites. Wonder why that is? He certainly reveals himself. It is just the language. Is it that I am more homophobic than I thought? Anyway - it's here because I doubt that many of us see this sort of thing. So - insight into another's world.

Sometimes, I think that life is going by so fast. I wonder if I am taking time to smell the right type of flowers. I am so blessed with a healthy life, an amazing business, incredible parents, fantastic friends, and the mystries of what is next for me.
I am not your typical man.... I ask very little of those in my life, to be my friend/lover/partner/???? I do require absolute honesty. I live freely and freely give love to those who will be truthful to themselves.
Life is a cup, full of suprises, my cup got something I never thought it would. A wake up call that said it was time to get healthy; mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and become financially accountable. I have done just about everything I thought I needed to do to fill my gay cup and decorate it with things that don't really matter. Now I want people in my life who only put good things in my cup.
I believe we meet people for three things in life:
1. A Reason-that brief moment to make you realize that you are better off than most.
2. A Season-of time that taught you the lesson you didn't expect.
3. A Lifetime-of moments that make your heart skip a beat.
As for what I am looking for:
I don't know who he is yet but.... Someday the universe will have our paths connect and we will walk together for a lifetime. We will define our relationship to our liking. Sometimes the path will get very rocky and I might fall and he would pick me up and carry me to safer ground. Occationally I may have to step in front of him to show him the way and maybe carry him piggyback style. Who knows how it will all go? I welcome the day it all begins.
Feel free to say hello. I wish everyone health and happiness
Andrew
One more thought: I am HIV positive, and I meet many people who look at me with a look of disapproval, disappointment, or pity. Try not to assume someone got infected by sleeping around, or someone didn't want to take the time to play safe.
Educate yourself.
BE RESPONSIBLE to others.
And just because he is your new boyfriend and he says he is HIV neg. Doesn't mean it is telling the truth.
Many people are infected everyday. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is delusional bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment