Friday 21 April 2006

Don't sit facing a mirror

Seems there is never a dull moment in the life of pensioners!
Viewers of my Profile picture will see that the skin of my head is shared with hair. Whilst this is shorn in the fashion of a cockney crook, all is well but as it grows out, it is a bird of a different colour. Bits are white - which is OK but other areas look that shade of grey one sees on the coller of old men who like the company of small boys. I decided enough was enough and got myself some hair dye. That in itself is a whole day's outing. There is the all at once solution in various shades from blonde to Afro black. Alternatively, there are products that allow one to deal with the grey over a period of time. This, to me, is a joke. Bad enough to face the looks of a sudden one-off job but what about dealing with a situation where it seems as if the Dorian Gray picture has gone into reverse?
The instructions are very simple. One of the few instances where the maker acknowledges that the end user may not be the full shilling in the comprehension stakes. Nice large print. Copious photographs. Stages all numbered from 1 to 4.
So howm given all this, did it go so wrong? I now have neither white or fiddler grey but I do look like Ronald Reagan on a bad hair day. In addition, some of the dye seems to have stained the skin so I will have to deal with the youth soliciting drugs from the African guy. I'm practising my "Do I look bovvered?" responses to comments but I foresee a hard couple of days.
Linking into my guest blog - perhaps I will have to make sure I do npot sit facing towards a mirror?

Image hosting by Photobucket


TODAY'S GUEST BLOG

We have all laughed at the spiritual excesses of the Islamic religion presented by the fanatics who seek to show thier followers that they have influence over our Government. This however, has got to take the biscuit,


Jail toilets face away from Mecca
Facilities in a prison are being built so Muslim inmates do not have to face Mecca while sitting on the toilet.

The Home Office said two new toilet blocks are being installed as part of a refurbishment at Brixton jail in south London.

Faith leaders had told prison bosses it was unacceptable for Muslim inmates to face Mecca while using the toilet.

"The refurbishment has been carried out with due consideration for all faiths", a Home Office spokeswoman said.

"Following consultation with faith leaders within the prison, various small adjustments were made to ensure the faith issues of all prisoners are taken into account."

She added: "The money spent did not affect the overall cost of the refurbishment programme."

Without being gross, I would have thought that to sit FACING Mecca was the least offensive posture> Turning them round means that their ..........., Get my point?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete